Patrick Alexander will conclude his participation as Social Media Coordinator at the end of this calendar year and we are looking for an enthusiastic, social-media savvy volunteer to take his place. Continue reading Neos: Call for New Social Media Coordinator
Neos seeks a Copy Editor to join our volunteer staff for the October 2016 issue. The Copy Editor works under the Neos Editor, is in charge of reviewing all materials and final proofs, and must be able to meet deadlines with quick turn-around. Expected time commitment is approximately 2 hrs/wk from mid-September to mid-October (Oct issue) and mid-January to mid-February (Feb issue).
Applicants must be able to meet the following deadlines for this issue:
- Receive materials from Editor between Sept 12 and Sept 23. Return all copy edited materials by Sept 30.
- Receive proofs from Layout Editor (via Neos Editor) between Oct 3 and Oct 7. Return final list of edits by Oct 12.
If you are interested and available, please submit a writing sample via email of 1 page or less to the Editor, along with a brief description of your interest, skills, and experience. Applications will be accepted through Monday, September 5. You will be notified by Friday, September 9.
Have you considered how prior relationships with your research participants influence their experience in the research process?
Or how friendships between participants influence the research process? Continue reading Neos highlights – Discovering the Kid Researcher
The February 2016 issue of Neos is now available for your reading pleasure at http://acyig.americananthro.
- Announcing new Collaborative Research Networks, blogs, and ACYIG board members
- Discovering the Kid Researcher (Cynthia M. Maurer)
- Transformers and Peacocks: Traversing the Fine Line of Being an ‘Unobtrusive Observer’ (Anne Karabon)