The Anthropology of Children and Youth Interest Group (ACYIG) is currently soliciting the following volunteer positions. All positions are open to accept joint appointments between two individuals. Joint appointments are required for positions indicated in plural. Open until filled.
- ACYIG Convener – more info to follow. Term: Apr 1, 2019 to Mar 31, 2021.
- ACYIG Student Representative – duties of the student representative include liaising with ACYIG graduate student and undergraduate student members to communicate ideas, policies, and concerns between members and the ACYIG Advisory Board. Term: Apr 1, 2019 to Mar 31, 2021.
- ACYIG Conference Coordinators – duties include working with conference partners to advertise the conference and review/coordinate ACYIG panels, and assists with review of ACYIG-sponsored AAA panel(s). Term: Apr 1, 2019 to Mar 31, 2021.
- Neos Editor – duties include working with the ACYIG communications team and Neos assistant editors to publish Neos twice a year (October and February). We are looking for a highly organized and detail-oriented individual with leadership experience to continue the role of Neos Editor. This position involves creating and distributing a call for submissions, soliciting and managing peer reviews, coordinating the Neos volunteer team, establishing issue outlines, maintaining digital repositories, and communicating with various ACYIG and Neos partners and stakeholders about feedback on any given issue and general procedures related to Neos. This position will receive training and guidance from the current Neos editor prior to and, if needed, throughout the first production. Term: May 1, 2019 to Apr 30, 2021.
ADDITIONAL VOLUNTEER POSITIONS:
- Neos Copyeditors – duties include copy-editing both article and feature submissions for the bi-annual publication of Neos (October and February). We are looking for one or two individuals with great time management, orientation to detail, and proficiency in Chicago Style as modified by AAA. Timelines for the production of Neos are very short, and fast turnaround is required. This position reports to the Neos Editor. Term: May 1, 2019 to Apr 30, 2021.
APPLY TODAY: http://bit.ly/acyigvolunteers