Call for Submissions – February 2019 Issue (for Call as a PDF click here)
Dear ACYIG Members,
ACYIG is now soliciting submissions for the February 2019 issue of Neos. We are accepting submissions on a rolling basis between Monday, December 17, and Monday, January 7. The final deadline for submission is Monday, January 7, 2019. If possible, please notify me of your intent to submit by the start of the rolling period (December 17), so that I can identify peer reviewers in a timely manner.
New Submission Process: To submit an article or feature, please use this form. For any questions about the submission process or about the form, please email the Neos Editor at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We accept two types of submission: Peer-Reviewed Articles and Features. Details for each can be found in the following.
Please refer to the General Submission Guidelines (in particular the section on How to Prepare a Submission) and Author Agreement for Publication on our website for more detailed information. All material should be sent to ACYIG.Editor@gmail.com.
I welcome your inquiries and expressions of interest, and look forward to receiving your submissions!
Victoria Holec, Editor
Neos: A Publication of the Anthropology of Children and Youth Interest Group https://acyig.americananthro.org/neos/
for full details, visit https://acyig.americananthro.org/neos/neos-submission-guidelines/
PEER-REVIEWED ARTICLES (1000 words or less, excluding references)
- Methods & Ethics in the Anthropology of Children and Youth, in which members explore the methods and ethics of doing research with children or youth.
- Childhood and _______ (you fill in the blank!), in which members discuss a topic of interest to their research.
- My Experiences/Intersections with Interdisciplinary Research on Children and Youth, in which members investigate the value, pitfalls, and lessons associated with combining anthropological research with that of other disciplines to study children and youth.
- An Ethnography of Children or Youth that has Impacted My Work, in which members discuss their favorite classic or contemporary ethnography of children or youth. Note that this should NOT be written as a book review, but rather as an account of how a particular ethnography has impacted your theoretical or methodological approach, or how it might be used in your teaching.
- Children and Youth in Our Lives and Our Work, in which members discuss the challenges and triumphs of balancing their own lives with their research, focusing particularly on the field work stage.
- Letters to the Editor (250 words or less), in which members comment on Neos and/or its contents.
- Obituaries (250 words or less), in which members share memories of an anthropologist of children & youth. Please notify the Editor of your intent to submit an obituary.
- Photos from the Field, which should be accompanied by a caption of 30 words or less explaining the context of the photo.
- Unsung Heroes of ACYIG (1000 words or less), in which members interview an important contributor to ACYIG. Please notify the Editor of your intent to submit an interview. See the February 2016 issue for an example.
- New Book Announcements (250 words or less), which must include the title, author, publisher (and the book series, if applicable), date of publication, and listing price of the book, in addition to a description of the contents. If possible, please send, as a separate attachment, a digital image of the book cover.
- Member News (200 words or less), in which members may submit job announcements and research opportunities; grants/prizes available; calls for papers and conference announcements; recent appointments; grants received and/or prizes awarded; publication announcements; and other professional achievements.
- Correction Notices may be submitted to the editor if Neos has printed an error in a previous issue.