The Department of Sociological Studies at the University of Sheffield is pleased to announce the launch of a new MA in Vulnerabilities and Protection starting in September 2014.
The aim of the programme is two-fold:
1) To examine vulnerabilities, violence and protection across the life course in national and cross national contexts from different disciplinary perspectives, including sociology, social policy and social work.
2) To enable students to explore real life examples of ways in which theory and policy influence and inform practice.
These aims will be achieved by examining at both national and cross-national levels and all stages of the life course:
- the social construction of vulnerabilities, violence and protection;
- the impact of contemporary socio-economic, cultural and political dynamics on perceptions and patterns of vulnerabilities, violence and protection;
- the policy and practice responses of statutory, voluntary and community agencies in various contexts to the issues of vulnerabilities, violence and abuse experienced across the life course.
Please download the flyer for more info: MA Vulnerabilities & Protection flyer