‘Childhood in Everyday Life’
6-8 June 2016 Turku, Finland
The international conference on childhood studies (http://www.childhood2016.fi) is a multidisciplinary forum for research on children and childhood. The event is organized by the Finnish Society for Childhood Studies and the Child and Youth Research Institute CYRI on 6th– 8th June 2016 in the University of Turku and Åbo Akademi University, Finland. The theme of the seventh conference is Childhood in Everyday Life.
The keynote speakers are:
– Professor Emeritus Jonathan Bradshaw (University of York, UK)
– Professor Anja Huizink (VU University Amsterdam, the Netherlands)
– Professor Simo Vehmas (University of Helsinki, Finland)
– Associate Professor Patrick Ryan (King’s College, Western University, Canada)
The conference offers possibilities for an interdisciplinary exchange of ideas for researchers who work with children or child related issues. We welcome papers that relate to the main theme Childhood in Everyday Life from different viewpoints. These abstract topics include but are not limited to:
- equality and inequality
- well-being and health
- food and eating
- play, sports and leisure time
- social relations
- consumption and market economy
- upbringing and education
- protection and safety
- mobility and segregation
- class, ethnicity and culture
- change and continuity
- history and future
- special childhoods or special needs
- some other viewpoint
A proposal can be submitted for individual paper presentation, poster presentation, self-organised symposium or workshop.
Deadline for submission of abstracts is 31st January 2016.
For more information and detailed guidelines, please see http://www.childhood2016.fi/
We warmly welcome you to Turku!
Scientific Committee and Organizing Committee