Society for Cross Cultural Research Conference
February 17-20, 2016
Call for submissions
The deadline of October 1st for submissions of papers, posters and panel proposals for the Society for Cross Cultural Research conference in Portland, Oregon is fast approaching! Visit the SCCR website at http://sccr.vancouver.wsu.edu/
The host city: Portland, Oregon
We invite you to discover the local culture of Portland, famous for the large number of independent microbreweries, Waterfront Park, artisan handicrafts, Powells “City of Books” and food carts that contribute to the unofficial slogan “Keep Portland Weird”. Portland is a city of beauty, interesting people and fascinating history.
Accommodation and Conference site: The Embassy Suites Hotel, downtown
The Embassy Suites Hotel is located in the heart of downtown Portland, Oregon. This historic all suite hotel was built in 1912, completely refurbished in 2014 and features vintage décor with a state-of-the-art meeting facility. Each allergy friendly suite includes a separate living area, private bedroom, free wifi, small refrigerator and microwave. A complementary full cook to order breakfast and complementary evening reception serving regional wines, local beers and spirits are added benefits. From the hotel, it is only a 3-5 minute walk to over 30+ restaurants, including Portland’s famous foodcarts, Powell’s bookstore, the Pearl district, shops and entertainment. Reservations (SCCR hotel rate deadline January 27, 2016):
Register and submit your abstract for the conference:
- For online registrationplease go to the conference website:http://sccr.vancouver.wsu.edu/
- On the Registration page, visit the Meeting Registration site: http://anthro-meeting.vancouver.wsu.edu/
- If you are submitting a pre-organized symposium or conversation hour, please submit the pre-organized symposium abstract for review only. Submit your pre-organized symposium abstract to [email protected]
- You can submit your abstracton the Meeting Registration or Submission site.
- The confirmation of acceptance of the paper does not prove registration. You will receive an email invoice confirming payment which proves registration.
- Banquet selection and payment can be made on registration page. The banquet is separate from registration and is NOT included in the registration fee. The invoice will be the banquet ticket, please bring this to the banquet.
We look forward to seeing you in Portland, Oregon!
Bonnie Hewlett and Jay Fancher
SCCR 2016 Conference Co-organizers