Submissions Deadline Extended: Thursday, April 15, 2018
The Association of Middle East Children’s and Youth Studies (AMECYS) calls graduate students engaged in the study of children and youth in the region (and diasporic communities) to submit their papers to the AMECYS graduate student paper prize. A cash prize of $100 will be awarded to the winner at the Middle East Studies Association (MESA) of North America’s annual meeting in San Antonio, Texas, November 15-18, 2018.
Papers can be submitted in any capacity that aligns with AMECYS’ mission statement:
The AMECYS is a private, non-profit, international association for scholars with an interest in the study of children and youth in the Middle East, North Africa and their diasporic communities. Through interdisciplinary programs, publications, and services, AMECYS promotes innovative scholarship, facilitates global academic exchange, and enhances public understanding about Middle Eastern children and youth in diverse times and places.
Requirements for submission:
– Papers should not exceed 7,500 (excluding bibliographies and endnotes)
– The paper should never have been submitted for publication
– The format needs to include: Standard font, Double-spaced, 1” margins, IJMES standards for endnotes and transliteration
– Member of AMECYS in good-standing
– Proof of registered graduate student enrollment for the 2018-2019 academic year may be requested at a later date
The AMECYS graduate student representative, program chair and appointed committee will review all papers submitted by members of AMECYS that are received by the deadline of Thursday, April 15.
For queries, email AMECYS program chair at [email protected]