I would like to invite you to consider attending the 2016 SCCR conference detailed below. We have invited several prominent scholars, Paul Harris, Catherine Panter-Brick and Barbara Rogoff, whose work is predominantly child focused. We hope to see you there!
Society for Cross Cultural Research Conference
February 17-20, 2016
Call for submissions
The deadline of November 1st for submissions of papers, posters and panel proposals for the Society for Cross Cultural Research conference in Portland, Oregon is fast approaching! Visit the SCCR website at http://sccr.vancouver.wsu.edu/
SCCR is a multi-disciplinary organization. Its members all share a common devotion to the conduct of cross-cultural research. SCCR members are professionals and students from the social science fields of Psychology, Anthropology, Sociology, and related fields including Education, Family Studies, Social Work, Nursing, Human Development, Psychiatry, Communications, Ethnic Studies, and Business. A distinguishing characteristic of the Society is that it is fundamentally inter-disciplinary and provides members the opportunity to network with scholars from a wide variety of approaches to cross-cultural and comparative research.
For online registration please go to: http://sccr.vancouver.wsu.edu/
- When you enter your email address on the Meeting Registration page, you will be sent a link where you can register and submit abstracts.
Submit your abstract for the conference:
- You can submit your abstracton the registration page. You do not need to pay for registration when you submit your abstract. Notification of abstract review results will begin November 1st.
- The confirmation of acceptance of the abstract does not prove registration. You will receive an email invoice confirming payment which proves registration. Session participants will only be included in the program when payment is confirmed.
- Note:This site is designed to allow one abstract submission per person. If you are submitting more than one abstract, or are proposing a session with multiple participants (symposium or conversation hour), please submit directly to [email protected]. Each participant in a session must submit their own abstract, (http://sccr.vancouver.wsu.edu/) along with the session title, to ensure that they are scheduled together.
Organizers of symposia:
- If you are submitting a pre-organized symposium or conversation hour, please submit your abstract to [email protected]u.edu
- Submit the pre-organized symposium abstract for review only.Panelists’ abstracts in your symposium will NOT be reviewed.
- Please have your panelists submit individual abstracts on the registration site (http://sccr.vancouver.wsu.edu/) when they register. They must include the title of your symposium.
Accommodations and Conference site: The Embassy Suites Hotel, downtown
Reservations (SCCR hotel rate deadline January 27, 2016):
- Banquet selection and payment can be made on registration page. The banquet is separate from registration and is NOT included in the registration fee. The invoice will be the banquet ticket, please bring this to the banquet.
We look forward to seeing you in Portland, Oregon!
Bonnie Hewlett and Jay Fancher
SCCR 2016 Conference Co-organizers