The international Master program in Early Childhood Education & Care (IMEC) is a unique two-year, full-time Master program under the European Union’s Erasmus Mundus scheme focusing on international early childhood education and care.
IMEC has been running for the last four years and to date over 30 students have successfully completed and graduated with this degree. In addition, there are a further 28 students pursuing their studies in the first or second year of the program.
Regrettably, IMEC is offered for the last time starting August 2014.
Consequently, it has been decided that the deadline for applications be extended, allowing fee-paying applicants the opportunity to follow IMEC. Unfortunately, this possibility is only open for European students.
Do you want to know what previous students write about the IMEC program? Take a look here: http://www.hioa.no/Om-HiOA/
Benefits from the IMEC program:
- · a highly esteemed international master program recognized as an Erasmus Mundus programme;
- · the unique possibility of studying early childhood education and care in several international settings including Oslo, Dublin, Malta and Gothenburg;
- · participating in international classes with students from all over the world;
- · attending lectures given by well-established lecturers in the field of ECEC;
- · visiting early years settings in different countries;
- · broadening your insights and experiences about ECEC through the diversity of settings, lectures and students’ contributions as well as through the varied readings, presentations, discussions and debates;
- · a joint final diploma recognized by four European institutions which have been responsible for developing and delivering IMEC