Children & Society: Call for Editor(s)
Children & Society is an international, interdisciplinary journal publishing high quality research and debate on all aspects of childhood and policies and services for children and young people.It is based in the UK and published by Wiley in partnership with the National Children’s Bureau. Children & Society is listed in the Social Science Citation Index and will receive its 2015 Impact Factor in summer 2016. We are particularly proud of the Journal’s international coverage and readership.
The present Co-Editors plan to finish their term of office in December 2016, and the National Children’s Bureau and Wiley invite individuals or groups to apply for the position of Editor(s). We are looking for individuals with extensive knowledge of the field, a clear vision and enthusiasm for the Journal, excellent organisational skills and the appropriate scholarly standing to further develop the international reputation of Children & Society. This is an exciting and challenging role and it is expected that the candidate(s) will have: some previous editorial experience (for example as a member of an editorial board), substantial experience as a reviewer for journals in the field, capacity to handle a demanding workload, ability to work constructively with authors, reviewers and the National Children’s Bureau and Wiley, and be familiar with current issues in journal publication.
- Develop and implement a strategy to further enhance the position of the Journal in the academic community and in relation to other leading journals
- Manage the manuscript review process
- Make final decisions on whether an article should be accepted for publication Commission and oversee the production of Special Issues
- Build the reviewer community of the Journal
- Work closely with and oversee the work of the Book and Policy Review Editors Work closely with the Editorial Board Chair
- Liaise as appropriate with the Publisher
- Act as the liaison between the Journal and the broader academic community Attend and report to Editorial Board meetings
- Facilitate smooth editorial succession of the journal
Applicants should send a statement of interest (max. 2 pages) setting out their vision for the journal and evidence of ability to take on the role, together with a CV (max. 4 pages), to Tracey Glass at [email protected]
If you wish to talk to one of the current editors informally about the nature of the post please contact Heather Montgomery heather.montgomery@
Deadline for applications: 31st May 2016
Interviews will be held in July 2016, with an anticipated start date of October 2016 to begin the handover from the current editors.
See here for further journal information: http://